Petra & Reinhard as Hobby Cat-Breeder
Reinhard & Petra worked in high level DIY Industry-management in Germany's South Western Black Forest region. They immigrated to New Zealand in 1995, became Citizens 2007, and they owned and managed in the Coromandel a high end Luxury Lodge & Retreat for 25 years with high class cuisine & pure nature enthusiasm.
|Open the photo book
"Our Luxury Lodge Time"
After researching thoroughly cat breeding practices, the Nickels decided to do it differently, break away from the usual commercialised caged breeding and concentrate on family pet environment to further a uniquely healthy & stunning breed.
Kittens are raised in their family for your family.
to explain a little bit, what it means to do serious breeding in private space:
- You have to know the breed in & out, and enhance contacts on cat-shows
- You are in charge & organize the mating timing plus you have to observe your cats' individual personalities/habits.
- You spend lots of time in playing with each of your "big or small" Darlings
- You clean & sanitize areas & litter boxes constantly for not only 1 or 2 furry companions, this is a daily big job, (with lots of cat-litter)
- You will want to create a very good realtionship with your local VET Doctor, as you need him or her far more than a family with only 1 or 2 pets
- You are awake & on your feet the whole night, awaiting the safe delivery of your Queen's healthy babies.
- You spare or run your tears, when some still borns don't survive during birth,
- You spend lots of time and effort with bottle-feeding on an occasionally newly born small one, every 3 hours for a while,
- You invest constantly in your Veterinarian to keep up the high quality standard of kitten birth, health & hygiene
- You are constantly, in the first 12 weeks with the new born kittens, at the VET's for check-up's, vaccinations, de-sexing and to put a chip in their neck,
- You manage an extensive and time-consuming administration for "breed-registering NZCF" and interested clients and future forever homes, via phone, email & fb,
- You are feeling very sad when the kittens you raised for 12 weeks as your "Babies" are leaving,
- You do this job responsibly for 1 or maximum 2 litters a year per Queen, to keep her in healthy and strong condition
Additionally Reinhard has built a huge cat-run walk in their private property & home, plus cat-friendly sun-rooms & outdoor well-being area & a few hundred squaremeters big cat safe garden !!!
Petra & Reinhard were drawn to the complete natural beauty, robustness & health of the Siberians. In a world full of man-made artificial breeds, all Forest Cats (Siberians, Norwegian Forest, & MainCoons) offer a mystical fascination with a very strong affectionate personality, some say doggie like.
The traditional & pure line of Siberian Cats, without any mix from any other breed (not even with the sister-breed NEVA) is the well considered choice of the Corokoschka Cattery.